Re: <MAP> tag

by "Donna Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:52:39 +0100
 To:  <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Nope - entirely client side.  All it is doing is to group a series of
hyperlinks into a single object, using MAP.  MAP is mostly used in terms
of defining hyperlinked "hotspots" on an actual image.  What Alan is
using is a series of standard A elements within the MAP rather than a
series of AREA elements - quite valid, but little used (though as I
mentioned earlier, I think the A elements also need to be contained
within a block level element like P, within the MAP).

Regards,
Donna