Re: Hello?

by "Jenny Toller" <jenny.toller(at)ntlworld.com>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:13:44 -0000
 To:  <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> This appears to be the sleepiest list I've ever subscribed to.
I think that you may be right - I only joined about 3 weeks ago, but 3
weeks on, I had forgotten that I had even subscribed :)

> problem? Are there really no issues, or does nobody but a very small
group
> of us actually care?
I'm sure that everyone cares.  How could we not? But maybe we are all a
little shy. New members like me want to lurk a bit first - though, so
far, that's not exactly possible with this list!

> - As a Canadian web developer located in Ottawa, Ontario,
Hey, nice co-incidence! I'm in the UK, but my husband's family all live
in Ottawa - what a wonderful place :) !

> be interested in the following fact:  The Canadian Federal Government
has
> mandated all federal web sites be compliant to the Level 1 and Level 2
WAI
> Guidelines, similar to the Section 508 statute in the US, but, to my
> understanding, stricter.  Can anybody confirm or deny this fact?
No, but I am *extremely* interested in such issues. I'm also wondering
why it is that I cannot log in to the HWG members area - the HWG don't
seem to be quite so interested in accessibility or standards since their
merger...
BTW, has anyone else seen this year's Olympics site....? (Say no
more...)
http://www.brainstormsandraves.com/2002_01_20_archive.shtml#8946904

> So, show of hands... is there anybody out there?
Me, me!

Jenny