Fw: International perspective

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:52:16 -0800
 To:  <foliot(at)fouram.com>,
<aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>

From: "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>
To: "John Foliot - Another 4:00 AM Web Thing" <foliot(at)fouram.com>; <awarw-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: International perspective

Hello John,
I come from the Netherlands. In this country there are no accessibility guidelines till now at all.

 But that does not say that I do not have accessible websites. I am just working on a political site that meets the priority3
compliance of the WCAG. It is a site for a  local department of a
 party represented in the parliament. Their national site is not accessible till now, though  the party promised an organisation
 concerning accessibility to do so within some time.
 Yes, I think accessiblility will be an item next year after the national elections in May. Perhaps it will be an item during the
electioncampaign. I will try to make it an issue..

I read that here 1 of the 12 men are colour blind and 1 of 200 women. I wonder why there is such a big difference....

 Greeting from ther Netherlands
 Ineke van der Maat