Re: Hello?

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:45:36 -0500
 To:  <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

>   Blind people aren't going to be spending a lot of time at
> "greatphotos.com", but at the same time, what if they wanted to buy a
framed
> photo as a gift for a sited friend.  If "greatphotos.com" had useful and
> descriptive ALT tags (or better yet LONGDESC tags), the blind person would
> be able to make an informed choice, select a great gift for their friend

Boy, you made a great point there about the blind person's friends.
My friend Julie  used a wheelchair and when a group of us wanted to go out
to eat, we were quite constrained in where we could eat comfortably. Several
restaurants lost the business not of one but of five or six. It's a mistake
to look only at the number of people with disabilities-- they have friends
and family too.

Regards,
Pam Shorey (another lurker)

p.s. I heard Kynn Bartlett left the HWG a couple of months ago. I couldnt
believe it- he has been such a big part of the organization and would be
sorely missed.