RE: Accessible tables

by Barry Johnson <b_w_j(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:55:58 -0800 (PST)
 To:  brian walker <bwalker5(at)tampabay.rr.com>,
aware-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks for your input Brian.
However, as a developer for the US Federal Govt, most
of the agencys I deal with have very strict guidelines
and a review panel for every page that goes up. The
Access Board, DoT, DoJ and Treasury all require
reqiure a complete summary attribute for all tables
(layout or not) as well as "blank" in all empty cells
and "spacer" in all place holding gifs.
I use IBM Hompage and JAWS to double check the flow of
the pages, but they still have to go to a review
committee, each of whom rely on assistive technologies
to do thier jobs.
OK, when I do non-Gov sites I tend to follow your
model but they do not have to be 508...

Barry