RE: access contest?

by bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com

 Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:56:35 -0500
 To:  aware-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's an annual event.  Here is what was posted to the Austin STC mailing
list:

Posted on behalf of Beth Schrader at bwschrader(at)austin.rr.com:
AIR AUSTIN COMPETITION

Want to help design a website for a charity? The AIR-Austin Web Design event
matches teams of Web designers with non-profit organizations to build
websites that are accessible to people with disabilities. Last year, the STC
team joined over 100 others and built 20+ accessible websites during the
8-hour competition, and our site won third place in the "stock car"
(standard) division! It was hard work, but a lot of fun.

The total time commitment is:
1) Training for your team on how to design an accessible site (1/2 day -
date TBA)
2) Party - meet your nonprofit partner and plan your site - Sept. 11, 6
p.m., Scholtz Garden
3) Tech set up time - load software, check equipment, get revved - Sept.
14th between 4 and 7 p.m., ITEC (formerly Infotec), 360/MoPac
4) Rally - Saturday, Sept 15, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., ITEC -  May the best team
win!
5) Awards Ceremony - Bask in your glory, relive the fun!