Re: WAI Triple-A conformance critique

by Mark Leaver <dramoth(at)lwds.net>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:24:31 +0100
 To:  Mario Figueiredo <admin(at)marfig.com>,
Aware <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi there,

To be honest I can't see any really big problems with the page.

I would rather use a table structure to setup the page rather than an
extensive use of the <DIV> tags with style classes associated with them.
The reason for this is that you can use CSS to position everything to the
exact place you want it rather than trying to place through the DIV tags,
the exact location of each DIV.

If you don't want to use <DIV> tags or table tags, then it would be better
to use <p> tags and try to go for a XHTML 1.0 STRICT standard rather than
trying to stick with a HTML 4.01 trans standard doctype. At the end of the
day it restricts your html tag limits and forces you to use a more
structured formatting to the page.

But then again, I am a pure programmer type person who would rather see
adherence to standards than to see minor deviations from the basic standard.

Using <DIV> tags with classes is much tidier than using a nested table
structure to format your page. But at the end of the day you need to know
your CSS structures inside out to achieve this.

Cheers,

Mark