RE: Accessible tables

by "brian walker" <bwalker5(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:58:09 -0500
 To:  <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
As a screen reader user, I personally do not want layout tables identified
as such. It is just extra verbiage.

The table specific commands available through my screen reader are
intentionally not functional in tables with only one row. This works very
well.

I do not use summary attributes in the tables I create unless they are:

1. data tables
2. complex enough that a summary truly adds value, i.e. makes the table
easier to understand.

I may be blind, but I do not think it is that difficult to figure out.

However, I recognize that mileage may vary for others.

Brian