Re: back button

by David McLaughlin <dave(at)grue.demon.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:57:28 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In article <199908230828.CAA16226(at)mail.hwg.org>, ddesign(at)mullum.com.au
writes
>does anyone know how I can disenable the back button on the
>browser when someone clicks onto my site- I have seen this on
>sites I have been onto

Whenever I have seen this, it's because the browser has spawned a new
instance of itself. The syntax is something along the lines of:

<A HREF="http://www.[whatever]" TARGET="_NEW">

The "Back" button only appears disabled because the visitor is looking
at a new instance of the browser. Close the browser and you're back to
the referring page.

HTH,

--
Dave McLaughlin