RE: HTML Transfer To Front Page

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:24:36 -0600
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
As I had posted earlier, I was given a copy of FP2000 to test out. It does
do nasty things to HTML code (but then so does my copy of Adobe PageMill).
It does have a method for inserting and protecting HTML code, but it does
not even show you all of the code that it is writing. If you look at the
code window, and then save it and look at it in notepad, you will find
yourself looking at two vastly different sets of code. Apparently FP dumbs
down what it will show you. And apparently if you paste code directly into
the code window (a table of a form or a webring) it will reformat the code
to suit its own way of doing things. There is some sort of code bot that I
haven't tried out yet that is where you are supposed to put such things so
that FP won't change them.

I guess I like my PageMill better, but that too now is an old program, and
is somewhat dated. I am looking at getting GoLive to be my HTML production
machine.

Br. Elias