RE: Windows 95

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:21:27 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Someone messed up windows95 on a Compaq computer, we had no disks, but
called Compaq for help. Guess what, you maybe do not need a disk if you can
boot in emergency mode even in MSDOS... All of the system files are in a CAB
folder, and can be reloaded right from the hard drive. A system disk for
Windows could never fit in "A:> Drive" but the emergency boot can. Then go
to C:\Windows\Options\Cabs\Setup.exe This should reload all of windows. (My
guarantee is worth only the price you paid for it.)