RE: navigation bar question

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Nov 1999 11:53:06 -0700
 To:  "0-Basic HTML Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1) are you sure it is a frame and not just a table, the whole purpose of
frames is so that you may do just what you want to do.

2) I think there may be a property to link the frames together, you will
need to unlink them (if there is.... here is where a good WYSIWYG program is
helpful, it can show you all of the properties that belong to any given
object.)

3) Are you using a browser that can manage frames? WebTV does not do frames
no matter what you do, but rather links them together as if they were one
page, and that is the way it is, so tough luck Mr. or Ms. Webmaster!

The watermark is (was?) never a part of your html, but was added by your
server, sure it is a java code, but I have never had any reason to examine
it.
There is a way to "float" a background GIF so that it will stay put while
you scroll the page, and I think that this is an HTML property, but I could
be wrong. Again it would require a newer browser to manage it.

Elias