RE: Image Maps

by "James Becker" <jameskb(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:56:06 -0600
 To:  "Sandy Fields" <sandy(at)sannicron.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>

I've got two image maps (IM), one each in separate html files.  Netscape
(NS) only recognizes *one* of them as an IM where as Internet Explorer (IE)
recognizes *both* as image maps.

The IM that is recognized by IE but not Netscape is contained in a one (1)
row x one (1) cell table, where as the IM recognized by both Netscape and IE
is contained in a <DIV>.....</DIV> structure.  Could this be the trouble???

I've placed the two html files in a temp spot on the web if you'd like to
have a look at them.

The IM recognized only by IE and *not* NS is at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jameskb/index.shtml

You can get to the other page with the IM that is recognized by both IE and
NS by clicking on the "Classes" button  part of the IM or by going to:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jameskb/classschd.html

I must be missing something here.  I can't figure out why NS only recognizes
one and not the other??  I hope someone can let me know what the problem is.

Thanks.......

James