RE: FrontPage XP FTP vs. Cute FPT vs. WS_FPT.

by "Mike Carlson" <domitianx(at)domitianx.com>

 Date:  Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:17:51 -0500
 To:  "'Carol Parent'" <cbwd(at)means.net>,
"'HWG-Basics'" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First off, hello to a fellow Minnesotan!

Second, it sounds like a PASV/PORT issue.

There are 2 options in FTP to connect to the server. One is PORT and the
Other is PASV (Passive).

Try changing these settings in the FTP client to see if that helps.

There are a lot of factors that can come into play. Things like Proxy's,
Firewalls, NAT translation, FTP Server software, etc can cause issues
like this.

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx(at)domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."