Re: discussion groups

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:38:28 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ron:

Offhand, I would say you would find it easier to set up your
discussion list as a separate web. Something like:
www.myweb.com/newsubweb/ The new web could then have it's own
security.

Also, depending on the server your web is on and/or whether you
are using the Extensions, there may be non-FrontPage security
methods available.

We use FP-98. And--If FP 2K is the same, you should find a brief
overview in the manual and the step by step instructions in the
Help Menu in FP. (Big sigh -- al least Microsoft and Deneba still
include manuals. Surprising how many do not these days.)

There is a FrontPage Discussion mail reflector at:
fpwmr(at)listbot.com Some really sharp people who can help.

To join, I believe you go to http://www.listbot.com/ and look for
the FrontPage list. Otherwise, send an e-mail to
fpwmr(at)listbot.com and ask how to join.

Best wishes:
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com

>I've added a FrontPage 2000 discussion group to my site. I can't
get it to
>set up security correctly so that I get a log in page. From
everything I
>read in the expensive books about FP2000 (after all, this
wouldn't be in
>the MANUAL) I'm in danger of setting up security on my whole
site instead
>of just the group. That would be bad.
>
>Can (a) anyone advise on how to set this up without endangering
the
>universe, and (b) is anyone able to recommend a free or
reasonably-priced