RE: To Frame or Not To Frame

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:46:57 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Neil.

I think the following will work for you, but I may have some of my details
in need of correction.

On your frameset page, after the framesets (which older browsers and engines
cannot read) you place your <noframe> </noframe> tags, and for the rest of
this page you enter information that would have otherwise appeared between
your <body> tags. You may make a whole page that will only be seen by
browsers and engines that do not display the frames. You may make links to
all of your pages, and the search engines ought to have no trouble following
these links.

The other problem of "hijacking" frames is something that you have control
over. What people do not want you to do is to link to their sites within a
frame of your site, as if they were still on your site. All of my links to
other sites are via the "_blank" command, so that when they are done looking
at the other page, they can come back to my site.

Elias