RE: HTML Editors vs. Manual HTML Coding --Which Do You Use?

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:43:50 -0600
 To:  <DNYCE15(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Umm... you will find a mix here, with many passionately attached to their
tools of choice. Many also use both WYSIWYG and text editors depending on
the job at hand. This topic has been broached several times that I am aware
of. The general consensus that I have seen is you really need a basic
understanding of HTML so you can debug or tweak pages after they have been
made in WYSIWYG programs. I work with BBEDIT on my Mac at work, and in
notepad and PageBuilder (shareware program) at home and on the road. At
least once a month I use Claris HomePage to do site-wide link checking. In
the past I have used FrontPage, PageMill, and a ton of share/freeware.

All the major WYSIWYG programs (heavy duty, high-end programs all the way
down to shareware and freeware) have their quirks, benefits and
aggravations. Learn the tool before you totally diss it. Then use the one(s)
that is best for the way you work. IMHO, no site should scream "MADE WITH
'X' PROGRAM BELLS & WHISTLES!"

And we all keep learning.

Good Luck!
kali