RE: hwg-basics-digest V1 #653

by "Jill George" <jzilla(at)stlnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:46:41 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Go here. http://vertigos.net/korhal/join.html  This is a script that I used
on my son''s site and it works great. Just take out or modify that the lines
you don't need.

Jill
<snip>
Jen wrote

<snip>I was just going to set the form up as a mailto type deal</snip>

I tried doing this a while back and it just would not work. The form worked
like a mailto anchor tag. The <FORM> tag I used was:

<FORM action=mailto:[address goes here] method=post title=Contact>

Is this wrong or do mailto forms simply not work?

- -Matt
_

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:19:33 -0400
From: "Pinder, Susan" <spinder(at)stlawrencecement.com>
Subject: first form email

Hi -

I need to create a simple form to take names and addresses and then email
the values to a given address.

So far I've tried..

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:spinder(at)stlawrencecement.com">

But this gives me a windows warning about disclosing my email address and
then my Outlook email form pops up.

Could someone help with this?  In the meantime I'm searching on the net for
examples..

Thanks!
<snip>