RE: Cache

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:55:42 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Cache has to do with your computer not with HTML at all. (well sort of)
Your browser stores web pages that you have been to in files on your
computer, so that they will load quicker the next time you visit there. So
you say to your browser "Take me to URL xyz.com" and the browser responds,
"Oh yeah... I've been there before", and it shows you what it had in memory
rather than going back to see if the page has been updated. In each of your
browsers you can select how much disk and RAM to devote to cache, how often
to dump the stuff and how often to check for new content.

As for the text book, they are replaced almost every year, otherwise the
textbook companies could not make any money.

Br. Elias