RE: Question on work done.

by "Walter Kesting" <kesting(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:00:02 -0400
 To:  "'M Lessar Jr'" <rfd246(at)bigfoot.com>,
"'HTML GUILD'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1.  Have they paid you ALL of the money they and you agreed to?

2.  If they paid you, I would look at it as an even deal.  However, no more
assistance should be provided unless you have a written agreement.

3.  It is usually not worth the trouble unless there is a real point to
make.  You cound have some lawyer write them a threatening letter for a
hundred bucks but is it worth the trouble and the cost?

4.  They can not use the software because they are idiots (they could not do
it themselves).  Idiots are usually greedy (they wanted it done CHEAP by a
friend as a partial donation).  Let them fall on their face and have to come
back to you to ask for your help.

5.  It becomes one of life's lessons which cost you very little.  If the
only thing you learned out of this was to treat every job as a
professionally contracted item then you learned from them big time and
should send them a pizza (with anchovies) and a six pack of their favorite
adult beverage.  Be thankful that you were smart or lucky enough they did
not cheat you out of several thousand dollars of work.

6.  If you focus on the anger you are wasting your time and energy.  Use the
time to go and learn more coding tips.  You will be better off from the
money you earn from your new skills and you can glide by their office on a
brand new Harley and smile and wave as they grumble.  Your own personal
success is the best medicine for those who would cheat you.

Walter