RE: Web Design - Getting Started

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:33:39 -0700
 To:  "0-Basic HTML Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi and welcome to the guild.
Yes, everyone gets the messages addressed to the board,
but replies go to the individual who sent the message, unless you change the
address so that it will go to the mailing list.

ADVICE #1 (which I never follow anyway) GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!
Do your initial designs on paper, one sheet for each page, lay them out on
the table or on the floor, get a good idea of what goes on each one and
where, and how they will all link together.

ADVICE #2 (which I seldom follow anyway) MAKE ALL OF YOUR GRAPHICS FIRST!
Sit down at the computer, and make each graphic exactly as you want them,
and to load as quickly as possible. Save them in the correct folders.

and then #3 The whole thing will fall into place, (instead of falling apart)

Elias