Re: forms;IE5

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 1999 06:43:01 -0000
 To:  "hwg" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hi
>Maybe you can give me a hand here.
>I put together a form. Name phone , email...
>I put a submit button = Send
>the button works fine in Navigator4.5
>but in IE5 the send button brings up my: "WORD program as an email
editor"??
>What is that al about? How do I fix that? I do not want the 77% IE users to
be bothered with their word prgrm coming up just >to send me a form.
>Your help here would be appreciated.
>DAve

Hi Dave

This just a thought (it is a bit early over here), but from your message it
looks a sthough you use NS Messenger as your default email program. If that
is the case then Navigator would have no problem opening your default email
program. If you only have IE installed to check webpages then presumably you
don't use Outlook Express  for emails. If you haven't got a default email
program set up in IE it might do something like look for a program that it
could open (such as Word).

But then I might be totally wrong :-).

HTH

Brian