Re: Virus Alert!

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:26:23 -0500
 To:  "Hwg-Basics@Hwg. Org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Happy Holidays to all who are celebrating,

The first time I received this virus, the subject line was lining up
images(sender/myself).  That was a message I had accidentally sent to the
individual instead of the list, so only one person was capable of generating
this return.  I don't remember the name of the individual, but he was doing
a page for his granddaughter for Christmas and wanted to align text next to
the image and we all suggested tables.  If this sounds like you, check your
computer.

I'm almost guessing that this particular worm may not only use the addresses
of persons in the address book, but also any valid address from the infected
inbox, as I highly doubt that anyone from the HWG lists has added me to
their address book.  I have received this virus twice now, and it is
entirely possible that since the second subject line was a message sent to
the list, that the same infected computer has recycled through the inbox
with the new messages found there.

I realize that we have been asked to terminate this thread, but since we are
all risk due to an infected individual on this list, it appears we need to
help discover whom this person may be to discontinue its appearance.
Deb