RE: netscape problems

by "Sophia Kapterian " <digitek(at)cytanet.com.cy>

 Date:  Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:59:30 +0200
 To:  "'Diane'" <diane(at)tein.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Diane,

I see you tried to add the rule to the inline style, but it's not complete.
Here's the solution.

For the motel page, first add the following declaration in the embedded
stylesheet, this should center your table, but don't forget to give the id
to the table (table id="layout" width="90%")

table#layout {
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;}

Second, change the following in your inline style

For the areasights page, you need some cleaning up to do.  There are several
unnecessary <br> and <p> tags sprinkled which you can safely remove, you
have several nested tables and some inline styles to be corrected and
improved. You can achieve the same display with less and cleaner markup. The
objective of css is to separate presentation from structure, so why put the
header in a nested table, when you can call it <h1> and make it look exactly
the same?

I've cleaned up motel page and corrected the entities in the links to get it
to validate. You can see how the markup can be reduced
http://www.digitalworx.biz/testsite/diane.motel.htm.

Sophia