Re: Client wants to update own site

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:20:56 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
>From my experience, the import from Frontpage is less than perfect (yes
you'll hear even more about the fact that it's less than perfect in a lot of
ways)..

It would be much better to supply them a couple of your frontpage web
folder...

when importing from the web, the navigation view titles are not maintained,
they adopt the actual page titles (turns out pretty nasty)...there are often
unpredictable results on the shared borders...if you have any mouseovers,
the "on" image will often not be imported...

I recently had the same request from a client who's site was done in
frontpage years ago... the client often doesn't know enough about FP to
clean up the imported files, it easier for me to just burn the whole thing
onto a CD, drop it off at their office and be done with it forever finally.

good luck
Deb