Re: Monitor Res & pt size definition

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:20:09 -0000
 To:  "Ben Bradley" <ben(at)mudmail.co.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ben -

I wouldn't use font sizes, myself. I'd go with relative sizes, from xx-small
through xx-large. While it does remove one aspect of the layout control that
you can specify, it's more user friendly to the visitor, who can set the
font size he or she is most comfortable with, as a default for their
browser, and run the font sizing from there.

Going on to the use of font tags in a document using CSS, now. If you want
to validate the pages after combining both CSS and font tags, they won't.
The font tag is depreciated in HTML4. If you really want to go the font tag
way, abandon the use of CSS, and go HTML3.2 all the way.

Personally, I'd stick with CSS and HTML4, as you get better control of your
document layout.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Intelligent Web Design Services
    http://iws.n3.net/
Contact me for my PGP Public Key.

Webmaster for the Impossible Scenarios Group
    http://www.the-isg.co.uk/index.html

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:07:50 -0000
> From: "Ben Bradley UK" <ben(at)mudmail.co.uk>
> Subject: Monitor Res & pt size definition
>
> I currently use CSS to specify particular pt sizes for fonts. If I used
HTML