Re: Is this off topic?

by "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:27:28 -0500
 To:  "Richard and Jolene Johnson" <jonric(at)tx3.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
R&JJ...
That is bad news indeed, but it could be that your particular market is
saturated.  I am in a certificate program at Rutgers University in NJ right
now.  In fact, I and of many of  my fellow students, quit a great job to
pursue this.  From what I can see, there are so many different types of
programs, it is very hard to generalize about an answer, but I would be
interested as well, in what working folks have to say.

My approach is going to be (when I finish) to combine my web skills with my
15+ year of sales experience and try to be a liaison person in addition to
being able to design and code pages myself.  I believe it is largely a
matter of resourcefulness, getting the "right" background for the specific
goal in mind, and as always, NETWORKING, NETWORKING, NETWORKING.

That is my approach.  I remain open-minded as I pursue my education.  I know
it will be an asset to an employer for me to have these skills available.
Where it will all lead I do not know for sure, but I do know that I have
been told that there are very few folks out there who can communicate with
programmers, and the public and know HTML, CSS, etc.  So I feel that I can
put it all together in a positive way.  Each individual has to evaluate
their own uniqueness and find/carve the niche that fits them.  I don't think
this is any different from any other job I've pursued in the past.

Other opinions are extremely welcome
Kate Pollara