Re: I GIVE UP !!!!Re: test

by "whaggerty" <whaggerty(at)vwh.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:35:24 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello;
It's been a very long time since I've used the <bgsound> tag (early mid
90's) so I may be slightly off base here, but I believe this is a
proprietary extension for Microsoft (IE only) and not recognized by the
validator as it is not standard html mark up. In some circles, now-a-days,
background sound on a site is considered quite annoying and especially so
when there is no way provided to turn it off. So, IMO at least, if you must
use it you should provide a means to either turn it on and to turn it off so
that when a visitor to the site moves through the pages and returns to the
"sound" page it doesn't start all over again, But then, that's just my
opinion, others may disagree .. :o) I think there is a way to "embed" sound
with JavaScript that will pass the validator but I'm not familiar with it if
you google for it you should be able to find a script that does that ..
HTH's ...
Bill.

William Haggerty
VWH Web Services