Re: Java 1.2

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Jan 2000 20:37:52 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Two things.  1st, if you want to learn Java, a JavaScript book won't help
you.  I assume you want to learn JavaScript, not Java.   2nd, the current
version of JavaScript is 1.3.  I hear very good things about the ...Bible
books, but I don't know first hand if it is for beginners.  I'm using the
JavaScript Unleashed book from Sams (known for their Teach yourself......
line of books)  The newest version, 3rd edition is being releashed soon if
it's not out now. :-)

Deb