RE: rewritten attempt fine on ie but not netscape

by "Sophia Kapterian" <digitek(at)cytanet.com.cy>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:13:24 +0200
 To:  "'Diane'" <diane(at)tein.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Diane,

I would revert back to the original single table format instead of several
divs for this page.

There are also some CSS errors that need to be tended to like,
p.sm {
font-size:.75em;
margin-top:-3; }

You must include a unit px,em, or percentage.  Go through the stylesheet and
check for any other missing units.

I have a cleaned-up version for you to see at:
www.digitalworx.biz/testsite/areasights1.htm
As usual, images are off and I've left the border for the table so you can
see the layout.
The page is CSS valid, but has one error, the name attribute, originating
from the javascript.
I've tested it in IE6, Mozilla, Firebird and Opera and it looks consistent.

Once you get the pages to display correctly, then we can talk about css
efficiency to reduce repeating rules and use shortcuts instead.  Another
thing I would recommend is to get into the habit of writing everything in
lowercase.  You will appreciate this later.

Sophia