Re: QBASIC

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Barry_Daniel_Lavall=E9e?= <bml(at)idirect.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:09:54 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gee I can't help but put in my 2 � worth here...ONLY Windows 3.x depends on
MS-DOS as the underlying system of which it is dependant to operate. Windows
95/98 DO NOT depend on MS-DOS...they are stand alone O/S. In fact Windows
95/98 use an emulator that "mimics" MS-DOS. MS-DOS is FAT 16 whereas Windows
95B/98 are FAT 32 and not even compatible with MS-DOS and so therefore it is
not the underlying O/S of these two. Lastly my apologies to the group for
this being kinda off topic.

B. Daniel Lavall�e
Student
Programmer Analyst / Internet Solutions Developer
http://webhome.idirect.com/~bml