Re: Wierd markup elements

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2000 05:41:45 +0100
 To:  "Bert Doorn" <bert(at)betterwebdesign.com.au>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, Bert -

Long time no hear!

How're things down your part of the world?

> > My problem comes with these "tppabs" and "NOSAVE" elements? I cannot
find
> > any reference to them anywhere!
>
> They are "commands" left behind by some WYSIWY(HY)G editor.  Leaving them
> won't do any harm.  Deleting them won't matter either (but will make the
file
> look cleaner :-)   I think the "NOSAVE" is something to tell the editor
> whether to save a copy of the image (or whatever).  I've seen others, like
> "naturalsizeflag" (I think).

I suspected as much. I tend to use a combination of raw coding, Homesite and
Dreamweaver, these days, as it dumps out MUCH cleaner code!

> Did the page have a META GENERATOR tag?  If so, it should give you a clue
as
> where these non standard bits came from.

I'm fairly certain that it's something to do with Composer, the wysiwyg part
of the Netscape Navigator suite, but wanted to be sure, just in case.

I didn't find any generator tags, so either he used another editor
afterwards, or removed the meta tags before handing over maintenance to me.

Oh, well. At least I know I can dump those elements safely, now.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Webmaster,
the Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG.
The information in this email and in any attachments may be confidential
and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the
sender immediately.
You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose, nor
disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.