Re: validation problem

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:12:12 -0700
 To:  <lynn(at)emirates.net.ae>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hallo Lynn,

What you programmed as<href= "tesol.css"  />
is good xhtml, as every tag requires a closing endtag with />.

html 4.01 doesn"t require  closing endtags and validates when you write the
tag as <href="tesol.css">

I am trying to program my site www.hoehnermusikfan.net in both html 4.01
transitional and xhtml 1.1 strict (since 31 May got recommendation by  the
W3C)  and I see sometimes the same errrors  in the validator when I forget
to program the right version. The original site has been programmed
somewhere between the both versions.

What I experienced with stylesheets is that imagetags only work when  I used
the margin elements to make space around an image.
 Tables and tetxts when I used  the padding element..

More to be read (also over the proposed new CSS3)  about stylesheets, you
can see the site http://www.w3.org

Cheers
Ineke