Re: Top-left margin

by "Ray Henderson" <Ray.Henderson(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:05:07 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Fuzzy

I didn't include a URL 'cause there isn't one yet.
Here's the code.   I'm just trying to perfect a technique
to use later.  As I say, it works fine in both MSIE 5.5
and Net 4.6     What little  HTML I know,  I have learned from
this list and  one thing I have seen here over & over
is to validate & I was just trying to do that.

The first error I get using the W3c validator is:
Error: there is no attribute "LEFTMARGIN" for this
element (in this HTML version)

I also get basically the same error  for marginwidth &
marginheight as well.

There wasn't anything about setting these margins
in my HTML For Dummies book so I just looked
around until I saw a site that displayed a graphic
in the top left corner & copied the code.  ( If I remember
correctly, this came from one of the major news services.)

Thanks

<.!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

<.HTML>
    <.HEAD>
    <.TITLE> Dumb Test </TITLE>
      <.META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
    <./HEAD>

    <.BODY LEFTMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" TOPMARGIN="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0">

    <.IMG SRC="blue.gif" >
    <.P>This is a test to see if this dumb thing works

     <./BODY>
<./HTML>