RE: A question on banner exchange

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:10:41 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1) yes your banner could be improved, which would possibly help.
Get rid of the URL, and put something there about what is on the
site, in a way to make someone curious to view it.

2) I keep seeing CTR (Click Through Ratios) quoted as less than 1%
for banner ads - maybe even around 0.5% or 0.3%. 100*52 weeks gives
5200 total viewings, which would result, with LE, in 2600 exposures
of YOUR banner on other sites (LE gives 50% credit, I think), so
45 hits is over 1%, so perhaps you arn't doing that badly after all???

3) putting your LE stuff "anywhere on page" is somewhat a disadvantage,
but I don't really know how much. Many sites bury the banner way down
so it doesn't get seen much. We all hear over and over how few folks
even scroll down the page unless the site really interests them. You
might consider moving it up. Also, depending on the content of your
site, try targeting the banners to get the best audience, by editing
your settings with LE.

You might come to our site and build a new banner, or use whatever
software you prefer. It might make a difference.

Gary Bonham
http://www.BannerForge.com