Re: BRACETS

by "Steve Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:48:26 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
> > > From: <Bayangell(at)aol.com>
> > >
> > > I was asking about [snipped] and the coding put beofre a new
> > > pararagraph whether it be centered, or left.  I have seen different
codes for
> > > this and wanted to know the correct ones.

> > From: Steve Antonio <santonio(at)delanet.com>
> >
> > <center>Your paragraph here</center>
> >
> > The first two examples are now deprecated, meaning their use is
discouraged
> > in favor of other methods, but they are not illegal. The last example is
one
> > of two favored methods. The other being the use of CSS (Cascading Style
> > Sheets).

> From: Donna M Smillie <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>
>
> In fact all three examples are deprecated.
>
> Regards,
> Donna

Thanks Donna, I was very tired when I wrote it and totally missed that.
Dorine, the last example is deprecated for the same reason the second one
is. It's not the tag itself that is deprecated but the specific construct
because in both examples the tags are used with the alignment attribute. CSS
is favored over these constructs, however also keep in mind that CSS is
supported by MSIE 3.0 and up and NN4.0 and up. That is why the previous
examples I gave are deprecated but not illegal.

Steve :{ )