RE: Screen sizing

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:30:23 -0700
 To:  "0-Basic HTML Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ted.

I guess I have decided to aim for a 720 px since more and more people are
using 800 as their screen width, and many are using much more. I know that
at 1024 px sites designed for 600 begin to look a little odd.

I guess my solution looks best at 800 and 1024, requires a little scrolling
at 600, and I don't suppose that folks running at 1200 or 1600 will be
offended since they should know what they have set their monitors at and
why. To avoid some of the scrolling, I do set a table at 95%, but then set
the left column at 150px (for a nav bar). This prevents the left column from
enlarging with the screen size, but does allow the right column to grow or
shrink depending on the settings.

Anyway, my HTML app has stock settings for 520 and 720px which makes working
at these settings real easy. It also provides rulers top and left that read
out in pixels regardless of what monitor you use, or how you have it set.

Elias