RE: Adding "Last Update" notation to a page

by "Thomas Fisher" <raidermp(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:57:41 -0500
 To:  "Gibson,
Timmi" <TimmiG(at)verbatim.com.au>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Try this script

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

function initArray()

       this.length = initArray.arguments.length
       for (var i = 0; i < this.length; i++)
       this[i+1] = initArray.arguments[i]
    }
    var DayArray = new initArray("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday",
                                 "Thursday","Friday","Saturday");
    var MonthArray = new initArray("January","February","March","April",
                                 "May","June","July","August","September",
                                 "October","November","December");
    var saveddate = new Date(document.lastModified);
    document.write("Last updated on ");
    // if you want the day also, remove the // from the next line
    // document.write(DayArray[(saveddate.getDay()+1)],", ");
    document.write(MonthArray[(saveddate.getMonth()+1)]," ");
    document.write(saveddate.getDate(),", ",(saveddate.getYear()+1900));
    document.write(".  ");
// End hiding --></SCRIPT>

Thomas Fisher