Re: BACKGROUND CONSTRUCTION

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:05:10 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dick:

Chris has an excellent suggestion about putting it in a table. You could
then reduce the size somewhat without losing the effect.

In as much as you are going to "lighten" the image, I would also suggest you
reduce the resolution as far as you can stand it and save it as a JPEG with
as much compression as you can stand.

As large graphics are the worst offenders I can think of as far as loading
time is concerned, it pays to really work on that area.

My usual approach is to leave the original alone and work over copies until
I am satisfied I done all I could. If I mess up a copy, I just employ my
good and trusted friend, the Delete Key and start over with a fresh copy.

Good luck and best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net