Re: Netscape Table Data Widths

by "Pam Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:37:02 -0400
 To:  "HWG - Begin HTML List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mark and/or Stephanie :-)

> I am having problems getting a table in NS4 to recognize 2 td width
> percentages.   They each have a width of 50%, but one of them is always
much
> bigger than the other.  Here is the basic structure:

There are a couple of possibilities that come to mind.
The first is images or other objects of  specific (not flexible) widths that
may add up to more than the 50 % on one side, thus leaving less for the
other side.  If this were the culprit, I would expect more size difference
as you narrow the window size.
A second possibility is that you have a coding error somewhere in the table
structure (missing /td ?) Sometimes validating your code will turn up such
an error for you, or using HTML Tidy http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
 I usually try to simplify my table structures - it's easy to throw in a lot
more thanyour really need to accomlish the purpose.

If none of this helps, try posting a url so listers can help you spot the
problem.

Regards,
Pam Shorey