Fw: Frames - To Use Or Not To Use

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:48:13 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> > Do we REALLY have to use foul language in these discussions?
> >
> > Using the slang word for a female dog is NOT acceptable in a business
> > discussion or in conversation with ladies present and is abusive to
them.

> > It is language used in a school yard or in a locker room or at a pub
> amongst
> > drinking partners.

And in plenty of "civilised business conversations" that I've taken part in
(begin myself  female and intelligent and fairly articulate).
It wasn;t *that* strong, i've used it myself for a - pig - of a coding
problem (Can i call it a pig? ), in company that are not foul-mouthed and
where conversation is clean.

 I hate foul langauge and i find it ffensive - but "a bitch of a problem"
i don;t feel is.

 Maybe i'm just to dumb to realise it, but it seems an acceptable word in
 this context - albeit not when addressed to a woman.

 And anyway, I'm not sure how "female dog" used for a coding problem insults
humin females, but there you go -

 h.