Re: Morality and Pirated Software

by "Matthew Ohlman" <matthew(at)ohlman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:04:22 -0500
 To:  "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
 Do you expect me to feel sorry for Bill Gates? :-)
But you really don't hurt the payroll of the people that make the software.
Unless they get some kind of a commission out of how much the product sells.
Of course, if NOBODY bought the software, and everyone "borrowed" it, then
yes, the company would go out of business. But not everybody "borrows" it as
we have seen in this disscussion.