RE: HTML problem

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:23:00 -0700
 To:  "0-Basic HTML Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Debbie....

First... you must mail to this list from the account that you used to join
the list, so if you are using a different account name on Netscape, then
this is why you could not post with it.

As for getting an index page, you are asking for a directory, but not
specifying a page name. If in that directory would exist a page called
index.html (or whatever your host requires) then that page would be shown,
otherwise you will get at directory of that page. I use this on several of
my sites when I want the viewer to just select a file from the index
directly (such as an archive of articles by date). This way I can keep
adding articles or removing them without having to make or change an html
page.

Elias