Re: Server Side Include tag problems

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Dec 1999 10:39:38 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gregory:

As I just mentioned a day or so ago, I'm no expert on this
subject of includes.

But what the heck--Here's my opinion anyway ... (silly grin)

><!--#include file="../menu" -->

Three things concern me here.

1. As the file you want is not in the same exact directory as the
page that is "calling" it, I "think" the command should be
<!--#include virtual= rather than <!--#include file= .

2. The full path should be spelled out rather than "../

3. It worries me a bit that there is no tag on the end of "menu".
I would think that there should be a .txt or .htm or html etc.
Unless "menu" is the directory, in which case the file itself was
not named and therefore, could not be called.

Please remember that these thoughts come from a mere babe still
crawling in the crib of HTML, so don't take them as rules cast in
stone. Just some things to play with if you have the time. I hope
that one of the items I mentioned may do the trick.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net