RE: table width & printing

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 May 2000 21:06:05 -0400
 To:  "'Shelley Watson'" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shelly --

I make/keep printed copies of our corporate site for a number of
reasons including (but not limited to:)
--easy mark-up/edits by computer-phobic copywriters <g> and other web
team members
--fast referencing material
--tracking history of a section or series
--sending to sales reps who need reminded about/when changes on their
site occurs
--reviewing in the tub (where I do a lot of my reading <g>)

The only one I print out in color is our Welcome page/home page. All
others are printed grayscale  on local postscript printers. Depending
on the printer/browser/version interface, I may need to specifically
set my printouts so the pages print correctly (i.e. - don't crop off
right-hand sides of pages). Experimenting taught me iMacs with OS9
using the default printer setup and IE 4.5 had different default print
settings than OS8.51 or OS8.6 did. Change browser type OR version and
get a different printout of the same page (different margins, crops,
etc). On the PC side,  print results have been more uniform for the
setup I have (NT Win98/2000) between browsers.

This being the weekend, I get time-and-a-half, so this is my 3 cents
worth.

Grins!
kali