Re: Excel Files to HTML

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:29:02 -0400
 To:  "HWG Basic List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a question for you experienced HTML types. I have a list of members
> for an organization in an Excel spreadsheet that the client wants as a
> directory in their web site. I have tried converting the spreadsheet to
HTML
> witin Excel, the results were not acceptable. I can cut and paste the
> contents and markup the results, but that is time consuming. Is there any
> other alternative?

What about offering your visitors an Excel reader?  My old boss had sent me
excel files, but I didn't have excel at home, so I got this utility from
ZDNet downloads and I could open the files and view everything as they were
written.  I couldn't make and changes to it, but that's not the point of
your project anyway, correct?

Here's the information on a viewer.
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,000UFV,.html

HTH