Re: Number of Keywords

by "Richard and Jolene Johnson" <jonric(at)tx3.net>

 Date:  Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:08:40 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
As I understand it, some search engines will only index a certain number of
keywords and ignore the rest, but I haven't heard of a site losing ranking
over the number of keywords - unless you are repeating the same words over
and over, which is considered spamming.  I have gone to several major search
engines, and noticed that the sites ranking highest on the list have more
than 15 keywords.

Jolene Johnson