RE:

by "Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:35:06 -0600
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
No, you did not let anyone change your files by letting them see inside of
your directory.
If they would click on a file it would have been shown to them just like as
if they asked for it by a link.
They could have seen any hidden files that were not open to the public (I
have several of those on my servers)
They could not have changed anything.

Usually when a file name is incomplete you get an error (404) file not
found.
most of us who have www. prefixes are telling the server to serve up an html
page, if you omit the www. on some servers you will see the index. : (

Br. Elias