Re: .mp3's download as text?

by "spats" <spats(at)banet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:05:28 -0500
 To:  "Alessandro Brunelli" <abru(at)dplanet.ch>,
"Ronald Schilling" <rons(at)dmv.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey Folks,

If the problem was file length or case sensitivity, I don't think they
would've uploaded in the first place. Some non-FTP sites will upload
filenames with caps and spaces that cause problems later on, though.

The mp3 extension could be the culprit...in which case you've already solved
it.

I know that, if my FTP program is set for text, rather than binary or raw
data, my music files upload as text. This will sometimes happen even when
I'm sure I've set the program for binary.

Another guess: (and this is all pure speculation on my part)

Do you need to move the files from your temp folder to a secondary or
default one before accessing them? I think this is the case with audiogalaxy
and some of the other new music sites.

In any event, good luck to you both. It'll be interesting to see what we can
do with this technology in the long run.

Hope this helps.

Luck,

Jim