WYSIWYG bashing

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:33:35 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Fuzzy:

OK bashers--I've got a WYSIWYG editor that is distressing me no end.

The culpirt is CoffeeCup's StyleSheet Maker.

For months--years even--it worked perfectly. Now--all of a sudden--it won't
load. On loading, a splash screen comes up as usual and the names of all the
fonts flash as they load into the program. This is all usual. What is not is
that after a period of time, (20 seconds or so--I've got a LOT of fonts), a
pop up screen appears with the alert: Run Time Error 380. When you click the
OK button, it all goes away and never completes the loading.

It always hung on a certain font, "Tahoma". But when in desperation, I
deleted that font, it then hung on a font called "Elephant". I deleted that
and now it hangs on "Georgia"

I have tried profanity of course. I even tried genuflecting, tossing salt
over the shoulder and bowing three times before a graven image of Bill Gates
but the darn thing still won't load.

Gee--at my age--the though of learning to code CSS by hand is frightning.

Any ideas, anyone??

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

>This thread is just getting more and more depressing all the time . . .

>Can we all drop this and start bashing WYSIWYG editors agian . . . or
>something?

>;-)
>Fuzzy.
<tung planted firmly in cheek>